Tuesday, August 4, 2009

6 Years!

It was my turn to plan the date for our 6 year anniversary. We went out to eat at The Olive Garden (Wade's favorite place) and then we drove to Sundance and went to the play The Fantastiks at their outdoor amphitheater. I don't know how excited Wade was when he heard we were going to see a musical, but to my delight, he loved it. The atmosphere was very cool, and it was great to spend time together. Perhaps the best surprise of all was that Amy babysat all of my kids (yes, we got Ellia to take a bottle! :)).

We took a tractor ride to the amphitheatre.

Wade playing Yhatzee while waiting for the play to start.

Look at how sweet it is...not to mention our excellent seats.

Intermission. I love this boy.

On August 2nd, 2003, Wade and I were sealed in the Manti temple. In six years we both graduated with our bachelors degree, went through PA school, had 3 babies, and built a house. It has been crazy, but I have loved it. It has not been all smiles, infact at times it's been very hard, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. Sometimes I look back on my life before marriage and think about how easy it is to live only for yourself. I can see why marriage is a part of God's plan, and why we need it to progress. I am so grateful for this boy of mine - even during the times we drive eachother crazy! He is so good for me! I love his goodness and how he blesses my life. I'm so glad this marriage of ours will never end.

14 comments:

Jenni said...

Happy anniversary! Those early days of marriage in the 27th ward sometimes seem so far away and other times like it was yesterday. Time is an interesting thing.
I just remembered that you left a comment that you would like the instructions on how I did the girls silhouettes. If you still want to know email me your email address and I would be happy to email you instructions. Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner!
jenniterry@hotmail.com

Callie Hansen said...

Happy Anniversary! You guys look great. We sure love you both and are glad to know you! (congrats on Ellia taking the bottle! that's HUGE!)

Natalie said...

Happy Anniversary you love birds! Jenny, where did you get that red jacket/sweater? I love it! You guys are so cute. Did Moyle serenade you with some sweet love tunes later that night on his clarinet? Tell the truth!
xox

The Judd Family said...

Happy Anniversary! That is awesome! We sure love you guys. Glad you had a good time.

Crystal said...

ahhhh how cute...you 2 little love birds!!!

Skip & Angela said...

Happy Anniversary! I love the last pic of you two together :) You are a cute couple. We heart you!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on six great years. Thanks for loving Wade and blessing his life.

Annie said...

Holy Cow! I can't believe it's been 6 years, but you two have done and gone through so much! I'm so happy for you two and love you both! Happy Anniversary!

Megan Anderson said...

I would think that maybe you guys could at least leave the Yatzee game home for your date night!! can you say addicted?!? Happy Anniversary we love you guys!!!

Adam Jensen said...

So sweet! Happy Anniversary! I love the last picture of you guys... you two are the best!

Rhett and Tiffanie Jackson said...

congrats! You guys are great neighbors and wonderful examples! we love having you so close! :) Always keep it real and anything can happen! :) life is GREAT!

sadie said...

a few people have already said it but that picture of you w/ you in the red jacket has to be one of the best self shots i have ever seen. you both look STUNNING!! what a beautiful couple. congrats on 6 years. i love your guts!!

Shelly and Ken said...

You are a very cute couple. Congratulations on 6 years.
PS I just got done reading the Hiding Place. I loved it, but I also really love WWII stuff for some reason.

Crystal said...

I wish i could talk bryan into going to one of those. Anyways, i am not ignoring you I just have been a little busy i guess. So let do something. Do you want to come over and play or is it easier for us to come to your house. tell me a day and time and we can do it. Thursday and Friday are bad for me so tuesday or wend. let me know