Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Bye Baby.

Since Ellia was born we've had her in a pack n' play next to our bed. Gradually she has slept more in our bed than her pack n' play. She always started out in her bed, but eventually learned that after she had been fed, if she cried when I put her back in her bed, she would end up in the bed with mom. Babies are smart I tell ya! They know just how to get what they want. She also decided she liked falling asleep while nursing (even if she wasn't hungry). None of my babies have taken binkis. I try and try...but to no avail, and I refuse to become a human pacifier. This said, I decided I would try to let her cry it out. I am no good at this because it breaks my heart. Wow! She did great. I turned on a fan in her room, and she fell asleep within 10 minutes. I have put her in her crib to sleep for the past few days. She is doing great and getting used to it, and only cries for maybe a minute now. You would think this would please me to no end, but I find myself a little lonely these days (or rather nights). Granted, I do not sleep well when the baby is in bed with me. I'm worried Wade will roll on her, or she will roll off the bed...but there is something nice about having her next to me. I miss the feel of her sweet, soft body and the sound of her breathing. Each child gets more and more spoiled. :) I love babies. Always have. Wade jokes that the only reason I got married was because I needed a man to help provide me with children. He doesn't know how right he is...ha ha. Just kidding. Look at my sweet baby in her crib. She looks so tiny.


This is just a cute shot of Addi with Wade. He had been on call in the ER, and Addi felt he needed some doctoring when he got home.

10 comments:

Jenni said...

Laela sleeps with me all night and I am really worried about the transition to the crib with her. Both my other girls always went to bed in the pack and play and then when they woke up they finished the night with me in my bed so when they eventually started sleeping through the night they stopped sleeping with me but Laela will only go to sleep next to me. I hope it goes as well as it has for you.

Chad and Gwen said...

Babies are so sweet, especially when they are sleeping. I can't get enough of them. They grow up way too fast. Ellia looks so peaceful in her crib and way to go on the transition!

Kellie said...

I know what you mean about the crying breaking your heart. Megan did that to me, but with each one after I've done a lot better with letting them cry it out. That's said, still all three have slept and occasionally still sleep in our bed.

Ash said...

I hate kicking the baby out of the bed. I love babies too!!

Natalie said...

Your girls are precious. I love Addi checking daddy's heart. So cute. We miss you guys.

Leanne said...

my baby is ready for her own room. she is too big for her cradle now, and though it makes me sad, it will be nice for her to be able to stretch out.

I too refuse to be a human pacifier. love it!

Corri said...

Hi Jenny! You know, I don't even remember commenting so I am glad that you came to our blog! Wow, THREE GIRLS! That is so exciting and fun for your family! You guys up in Utah these days? It is so bizarre to see Janie so big! I still remember her sad little face when you guys would drop her off in nursery. She's so darling and your other 2 are beautiful as well!

Janie said...

And whata way to go:
First, I'm due Aug 14th - c-section of course.
Second, I'm scared out of my mind to have TWO children. I think I might be done but Tory won't sign the "tie my tubes" papers:)
Third, you tell Dr. Wade that I thought your daughter's name was Addison - and I saw Addilyn in a book and LOVED it, so technically I'm not copying, I just have good taste. Plus Tory isn't 100% convinced that's going to be her name...but I have ways of getting my way tee hee.
Fourth, your girls are ADORABLE.
Fifth, I miss you and think after this baby of mine is birthed and weeeeeeeened, we should go to Mexico!!!!!!

Ficker Family said...

Hey, I can meet you at Lagoon. That would be sooo fun. Let me know chickadee.

Jennifer said...

Your girls are so cute and growing so fast! Your house looks beautiful. I wish we could live in Utah, summer here is horrid! Email me so I can ivite you to our blog. My email is jenparker9@yahoo.com