Friday, April 3, 2009

Wii love it!

Ever since Wade played his brother's Wii he has wanted one. I have been adamant about not getting one. For one thing, judging by how much Nintendo I played growing up, I didn't want us to waste too much time playing. Another reason...you can invest serious cash into these babies, and I didn't want to spend the money. Still, he insisted that it would be a great family activity. I told him we should wait until our kids got older. He agreed, but I could see that his desire for a Wii outweighed that logic. So, I gave in and (with the help of our parents' birthday money for Wade) bought him a Wii for his birthday. I was so excited to give it to him, and he was thrilled when he opened it! And, as it turns out, it really has been a great family activity. Janie loves it almost as much as her dad!

Addi is not very interested...as you can see.


I don't know what's more entertaining, playing the wii, or watching other people play it!

I have yet to win a game of tennis against Wade.


Now that you know what Wade has been doing in his spare time, here is a little of what the rest of us have been doing.

The past few days I have walked into my bedroom and found this little sleeping beauty

Our poor little Addi has been getting cold sores! It makes me so sad. I have been trying a few different things to get rid of them, but if anyone has any suggestions I am all ears!

No, we don't abuse our children ;). I wanted to document the process it takes to brush Addi's teeth every night! Sheesh! Someday she'll thank us!

Another sleeping beauty! I love when they smile in their sleep. I can't believe I actually caught it with the camera.


On our way to my 6 week checkup. We weighed her and she's a whopping 10 lbs. 14 oz already! Pretty good considering Janie weighed 16 lbs. at a year!

Janie has discovered playing games on the computer! Addi loves to watch.

I taught preschool this week. Our theme for April is music. Here's a picture of the band...playing our homemade musical instruments!

We have been getting seriously mixed reviews on who Ellia looks like. I think I agree with the people who have said she looks more Hardy. She actually looks a lot like my baby pictures, and a ton of people have told me she looks like my dad. In my opinion, our other girls look more Anderson (and I think Addi looks just like her dad (except she has Hardy eyes)). All said, I think we can agree that she definitely belongs to us. She fits right in with our other girls (and they love her)!


P.S. Does this hair look a little red to you? :)

16 comments:

Adam Jensen said...

Wade when we come to Gunnison I'll have to kick your butt in tennis.
- Adam

Natalie said...

Miss Jenny spent money on video games??? What is the world coming to?? :) They are tons of fun. I am obsessed with your baby. She is so so SOOOOOOO cute and chubby! I love her! I think she looks more like you, Jenny. She's a doll. Loved all the pictures, but the one of her smiling in her sleep is to die for! Love you guys.

BensonFam said...

It does look a little red! So cute... and that teeth brushing picture made me laugh so hard! We have solved our kids dislike of teeth brushing by getting them little electric tooth brushes. It's more fun when it has an on switch apparently. Congrats as well on the wii - that is definitely on Cameron's wish list (I originally felt about it how you did - but I think he's going to win this one once we have a family room in the basement.)

Sara G said...

I was just thinking "I've got to ask if she has red hair." then I saw your P.S. at the bottom. It does look red...you lucky mom! I really hope we get a redhead, but I think the chances are pretty slim. She is adorable! All your girls are adorable!

Betsy said...

Your girls are so dang cute! That's funny about the Wii. I'm sure we'll have the same issues at some point when Chris is out of school.

Janie said...

First - the wii is a great investment.

Second - You live 3+ hours away from Alpine! The in-laws would never have spared us for that long. You should come down for Dallin's wedding:)

Third, whats your email?

Fourth - your girlies are super cute.

Adam Jensen said...

Good heck! Your girls are growing so fast. I can't believe how big they ALL look in these photos. You guys have beautiful girls. Sorry I don't know any cold sore remedies :( The wii looks like fun! Thanks for the update! I agree and think Ellia looks more like your side of the family. I just see you and your sisters in her, yes and your dad :) since you look so much like your dad! The pic of him with the wig solidified it for me. Yes, Jenny was right she does look like her dadus ;)
I really can't wait to see you guys again. It feels like decades!!!!

Kellie said...

Those pictures of Ellia are dang cute! I've only played a Wii once (with Leanne) and it was a lot of fun!

Skip & Angela said...

Oh, your girls are SO cute! I love the picture of Ellia smiling in her sleep. What a sweet heart.

PML said...

We love the Wii too! We went to Seth's parents' house and that's all we did during the day while everyone was at school or working. I think it is great family entertainment.

The hair does look a little red. She is really cute. I love the smiling picture!

Annie said...

Holy Cow, Your kids are so CUTE! Poor Addi and those cold sores. I don't know anything to get rid of them, sorry! And by the way, that first picture of Wade playing the Wii is so funny. Is he trying attempting ballet move or something? LOL!

Shelly and Ken said...

Your girls are so cute. I think I could agree to get the Wii at some point. Looks like you are having a lot of fun with it.

Rhett and Tiffanie Jackson said...

Ellia is absolutely adorable! oh my gosh! she has the sweetest smile!...looks like you have had so much fun the last few weeks! oh...and i think it is wayyyy funner to watch those who play than to play! lol! looks like therapy to me! love the teeth brushing thing! I sometimes wish mine didn't like to brush them so much...they make such a mess (well, because they brush them when they aren't suppose to!) lol! however...Peyton hates the dentist! WOW that's a job! Keep havin' fun!

Crystal said...

what a beautiful baby...she is so cute. Congrats you guys. what a cute little family. So in all did you like having her at the gunnison hospital?

Mandi said...

You don't know me, but I'm gonna comment here anyway.

First, you girls are super cute!

Second, the cold sores ... As soon as you notice one coming on, put a little bit of Organic Unrefined Coconut Oil on it. It sounds weird, but it works like a charm. I don't get them myself, but my hubby does, and since we learned this little trick, he has never had one explode like they used to do. It has to be the good stuff though - I don't know if you can get it there in Gunnison, but I'm sure you can find some high quality stuff in Orem at Good Earth or something.

FYI - I am Callie's sister, not just some random stranger. (I guess still a stranger, just not a random one.)

Crystal said...

So I decided that we REALLy need to get together. Bring your girls over and come and play. You can relax while they play downstairs. So come over next week. all try to call you. That if you want too....and I can come there too. My number is just like bryans but with a 6 at the end instead of a 7