Thursday, February 19, 2009

Ellia Ann

Here are some more pictures of our little girly! She has been such a nice baby.


This picture was taken today. She's been a sleepy baby and sleeps all the time.



My Dad with all of our girls. I still can't believe we have 3!



My mom has been here helping me. I love it. I will be so sad to see her go. Here's a picture of my mom giving her a bath.



I just love how babies hold their legs in close to their bodies. They look like little frogs. So cute.



This is the day after we brought her home.

Here's the story of her delivery...so if you don't want to know, just stop now! Dr. Inouye gave me a pill to induce labor. He said within a few hours it would start working. After 2 hours and 45 minutes I was a little skeptical. Not a whole lot was going on. About 15 minutes later I started having contractions. They were not very painful, but were only a few minutes apart so I took Janie and Addi to my neighbor Melanie's house and headed for the hospital. Wade was working in the clinic and met me there a few minutes after I got there. Dr. Inouye arrived 15 minutes later. It was about 12:45 p.m. My contractions still weren't painful at this point, but I was dilated to a 5 and so he got my epidural ready. Right after the epidural was put in I had 2 or 3 very painful contractions back to back and told him I was ready for him to give me some medicine! (I don't like pain). He checked me and I was dilated to a 9. He broke my water and then put medicine in my epidural. At this point I felt the need to push and so I did. It was awful! With my other deliveries I felt nothing but pressure, but because I went so fast my epidural didn't really have time to kick in like I'd hoped! I just remember being sort of surprised with how bad it hurt! It only took pushing through 3 or 4 contractions and she was here. I guess the good part is I got nice and numb afterward and was able to enjoy her pain free for while. :) It was only 61 minutes after I arrived at the hospital that we had our sweet new baby. I am always in awe with the love you feel for these sweet little ones. I am so grateful to be a mother and to experience this emotion. Each baby that comes is a blessing! The girls have really enjoyed Ellia - especially Addi (surprisingly). Addi wants to hold her and give her loves all the time. She means well, she just doesn't understand what "soft" means. :) We are all doing well, and this has been the easiest recovery I have ever had. Thanks for all the nice comments and calls and gifts. We love you all.

15 comments:

Leanne said...

wow. I can't believe how fast your babies come!!! She is a doll. good luck with 3...ha haha still trying to adjust.

Jenni said...

Wow, that was fast! Good thing you went to the hospital even though it wasn't hurting too bad. That baby could have been born in your kitchen!
She looks adorable. I am glad it hasn't been too bad with three girls. I am watching you closely because I will be right there with you in about 5 weeks.

Janie said...

With deliveries like that, you should have many many more children. Your baby is beautiful Jennydear. I want a little girlie reallll bad.

congrats!

JonesFamily said...

Jenny!
I had my little baby on the 10th too!! I can't believe we have three either it is crazy! Congrats she is a cutie, now you really are out numbered =)

Adam Jensen said...

I love the one with her eyes open! I am glad she is such a great baby and the girls are adjusting so well. I can't believe you have 3, it's great. Yes Jenny your body is made for babies. you have the quickest best deliveries! :)
Ok, so I have to know what "the pill" was :)
i need to call you!

Peck Family said...

JENNY!
She's beautiful! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

What darling pictures of Ellia!
She is beautiful. You are such a good Mom. luv, Marsha

Adam Jensen said...

So Wade,
Did you get to help with the delivery? I hope you supported your wife's perineum and didn't let her tear!
Adam

BensonFam said...

Jenny - she is soooooooo cute!! Congrats!!

The Trippy Stevensons said...

Jenny, we are so glad you sent out an email. We didn't even know you were expecting. I guess that is what I get for not keeping up with the blogs. She is beautiful just like her sisters! They are so big! Wade...Phil says he is sorry, but what I can see from the blog you have no problem relating to your princesses. Congratulations

Kellie said...

Congratulations! I haven't checked out blogs in a while so I didn't even know she was born yet. She is beautiful and I love all the pictures of her:)

Supermom said...

Yay! She is beautiful. It reminds me of my delivery with Connor. He can too fast, they didnt' even get the epidural in, but is was also my best recovery.

Hooray for your family!

Shelly and Ken said...

Congratulations! She is adorable!

Linds said...

Hi Jenny and Wade! I found your blog through Peggy! I knew Wade from Snow. Congrats on the baby and tell Wade hello for me! My blog is private but you can go to lindsnjeff.blogspot.com and leave your email. Your little family is so cute!

Cluff Family said...

Wade and Jenny,
Congrats on your baby! She is Beautiful. Watch out three can be a handful I am finding out! But worth every minute. Kids are great!