Wednesday, September 22, 2010

It's What Fun Is

We were lucky enough to get to go to Lagoon again this year. This is us (minus Jill - who was taking the picture).

There she is...these are the wet ones who chose to go on Rattlesnake Rapids...on a not so warm day might I add. They got soaked.
P.S. That good looking boy next to Wade is my oldest nephew Michael. He's the goods.

The Bubbs with her Daddy. I love how you can actually see the delight on her little face!

Janie was just tall enough to go on the big rides. I think Wade was more nervous about it than she was. She went on Wicked and Colossus twice (the little dare devil), but I think she enjoyed the kiddie rides almost as much.



I love it...one hand on the steering wheel and one arm on the side.



**(If you can make this picture bigger you should...Wade's face says it all. He is such a scaredy cat. Everything is worst case scenario for him. He actually has this fear that the safety devices are going to break while we are on the ride, and we'll go flying out.)

We made it through the day with very little whining and only a few tears...a success!! It's funny how once you become a parent, you get more of a thrill watching the joy on the faces of your little ones as they go on the rides than going on the rides yourself. Thanks to my wonderful Dad, my little sister Jill, and my nephew Michael for helping with the kiddos. We had loads of fun. Until next time...

5 comments:

Leanne said...

I am so happy to know that Reuben will be big enough to go on the big rides, I wanted to go so badly this year...but it never happened.

Steph said...

ok, i'm still laughing at wades face! that is so funny!

i miss lagoon...it's been years!

Adam Jensen said...

I freak out when I go on the rocket too. I always worry that the safety devices are going to break and that we'll all die.
- Adam

Betsy said...

I can't believe how big your girls are getting! They are super cute. I haven't been to Lagoon in years. Looks like fun!

Kellie said...

Looks like so much fun! I love roller coasters and rides like these, but I have to say, every time I get on one I have the same fear as Wade. I always think my turn will be the turn the safety mechanisms fail.