Friday, April 30, 2010

Goblins, Anyone?

Ever been to Goblin Valley?
It was a first for our family.
And just one more reason to love Utah!

Despite the jokes about the Anderson boys not having sons...we LOVE all these little girls, and they have so much fun together. There is strength here.

DAY 1: Hiking Little Wild Horse. It is worth a trip to Goblin Valley just to do this slot canyon. It was INCREDIBLE, AMAZING, BEAUTIFUL...(and easy enough for the kids).

Going on a treasure hunt...


X marks the spot
With a picture of the lot...

Tight Squeeze...


Cool Breeze...


Now we've got the smileys.



It was a great hike. We came across about 15 scout troops on our hike...and in the narrow spots...well, I couldn't help but think of the scout law - "A scout is: ...helpful, friendly, courteous, kind..." Thanks boys for making a way for us to get through.

DAY 2: In The Valley of The Goblins. This is pretty much the best picture I have to portray what it looks like. There are all these cool-looking rock formations that the kids loved climbing/exploring.




Thanks Goblins...we will definitely be back!

Side-note: I was wrong once again...I always complain that camping is not worth the hassle of getting ready and cleaning up afterward, but it ALWAYS is - even though this is what I had to look forward to upon our return. Not to mention everything else.

7 comments:

Adam Jensen said...

i just love your girls :) they are the cutest! That looks seriously fun! Hope you made it through all that laundry :P bleck!
Hey i figured out the next day who those girls are and yeah I know them... I just couldn't get my peeps straight :) I blame my fetus and lack of sleep!

Janie said...

Tory and I were given an infant backpack about 3 years ago and have never used it...and probably never will. You know Ralph - always bribed us with trips to the mall or california to avoid going camping at Daddy/Daughters and Tory's family never really went either. I'm seeing we have missed out. Not sure how to start the tradition though. We have a one man tent Tory got from law school. It's too bad cause we live close to Yosemite and Tahoe and lots of fun places. Oh cousin when will I see you and your darling darlings?

Skip & Angela said...

So fun! I agree, all of the recreation is a great reason to love Utah! It looks like you guys had a ball :) Hooray

The Judd Family said...

Looks like a blast. Wish we could have been there. I love the pictures!

JB said...

Jenny, You have such a beautiful family. It looks like you guys had so much fun. Love the pictures.

Leanne said...

I love Goblin Valley! what fun!

Stacy said...

Oh the memories! I haven't been to Goblin Valley since I was little! Maybe I will have to take my family there this summer!
Good luck with all that laundry!