Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Family Update!

Okay, I know it's been a while...but we have been seriously preoccupied! Let's begin where we left off. My birthday was the end of May. I got a bike! LOVE IT!

In June Addi turned 2. She got a bike too!
Janie is turning four on Thursday. Guess what she's getting? Yep, a bike! :)
But the real thing that has been eating up all my time is this...
We are building a house! It took us a long time to make a decision, but we finally bought a half acre lot here in Gunnison. I have been taking on the role of general contractor since Wade is too busy with work. I have never spent so much time on the phone trying to find subs to do the work. The framing is almost done and it's finally starting to look like a house. We are excited! :) I hope that we will be in by Christmas.

P.S. For any of you that don't know yet...we are expecting number 3. Hence the other reason I haven't updated...I have felt pretty miserable with this pregnancy. Mostly I just want to lay on the couch all day...and I am SO sick of crackers (well actually I'm sick of pretty much anything that I have eaten in the last 7 weeks)! I am about 13 weeks along and I'm hoping the sickness will be gone in a few weeks. We are very excited. Especially Janie. :) She always blesses "the baby in mom's tummy" when she says her prayers. It's the cutest thing.

20 comments:

BensonFam said...

Hooray!!! I've been missing knowing what's up with you guys!!! Congrats on #3 and on building a house - holy cow that is such a huge project - I'm excited for you guys? Will you e-mail me and let me know the best way to get in touch with you? sonata32@hotmail.com.

Kassey said...

I think that congrats are in order, for both the new baby and building a house. It is a lot of work but when you are finally in it was all worth it. And you can say it is yours!! Good Luck!

Nunes Family said...

Congrats on the baby, house and bikes!!! I am so exctied, your going to do great with 3 kids. I can't wait to see more pictures of your house and to find out the sex of your baby. Hope you start to feel better soon.

Adam Jensen said...

I was waiting for an announcement :) I knew when I saw you in June it wouldn't be long. You guys don't try you just conceive :) no just kidding i know even a few months can seem like forever when you feel ready :) That is so dang exciting to see the framework up, you are so awesome to take on all that work! Maybe I will have to do the same someday if Adam is busy too.... Well you can be my advisor!!! I love your bike and love your pose by it even more! Congratulations on your pregnancy and I wish you lots of sleep and less sickness :) love you!

Ash said...

Lovin Dashboard on the blog. It was good to see you this summer. Sorry it was so short. I'm glad you blog. It's always fun to see what you are up to. Looks like you're busy. Congrats on the baby!

Ficker Family said...

Yenny!!! Geez you two sure get busy....well big congrats on the new house and even bigger congrats on the baby to be. I thought I would try to catch up with you by having twins but I guess not. I'm glad you guys are doing so well. Sure wish I had a phone number or home address or something where I could actually talk to you. Swear to goodness girl...your busy and popular...not much time for an old Guate friend huh? Email me would ya? (And not a bulk email, one just to me. :))

the landreths said...

wow, so much news!! How exciting--the house, the baby, everything! Congratulations!! And you look so cute, as always. What is your due date?

Janie said...

Jennydear!!!!!!!!!!! So glad to hear that 1. you will be a home owner 2. you will be a mother of 3 and 3. you have a bike!!! I've been begging for a bike and a home (but not three kids) forever! Yes, tell me, how does a girl in Gunnison, UT and a girl in Stockton, CA get together I ask? Mexico??? It's kinda half way:) You, me, the beach and some burritos. It would be the absolute ultimate!!

ps - I almost gave up on you, but you pulled through and updated your blog. Stop teasing me so.

Lauren said...

Hi Jenny! I found your blog link on Tara's blog. Congratulations on the baby and the house...and the bike! I got one for my birthday, too, they're great!! Best of luck with everything. Oh, and your hair is so cute!

Angie said...

Awesome! Congratulations on your little babe! And the house! You guys are building it yourselves? That's huge! Does that mean you're in Gunnison for the long haul?

We are sure excited for you guys and miss you a lot.

Betsy said...

Congrats on #3! The family bikes look so fun! Chris has three bikes and I don't even have one! How unfair is that? We keep talking to Claire about getting her a bike next summer. Good luck with the house building.

Max Fam said...

oh my goodness Jenny Hardy! It was so fun to find your blog (from Rich & Becca)....Haven't seen you in ages. Cute little family you have! Just wanted to say hi.
Heidi Broadwater Maxfield
(4methisisheaven.blogspot.com)

Natalie said...

CONGRATS YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm over the moon excited for you. Love the pose of you with your bike, and your two darling, adorable, kissable girlies. And huge congrats on the house. That's super exciting. What an exciting time for you guys. Miss you guys like you wouldn't believe. Please post a pic of Wade and his beloved clarinet soon! Pretty please??!!?
Congrats again. How very, very exciting. Hope you start feeling better soon, or can get your hands on some Zofran.
xoxoxoxo

Snedaker Family said...

It is about time you update!!! I check at least weekly! We are so excited for you, the house and the little nugget!! Where does the time go? A new house and 3 kids later!?!? We miss you guys and hope everything is going great! Lets chat soon. Tell Wade hi and give the girls a little smoochie

Leanne said...

wow! house and a baby! congrats you guys, you are about the same "along" as I am preggo wise. Once again...:0)

miquelle and cody said...

Hey, It is great to finally here about what is going on. Moving up in the world! How am I ever going to get you to work for me if you have a house in Gunnison :) We just drove through Gunnison this past weekend. We are in Aurora visiting my family. Congrats on #3. Your family looks great! Take Care.

Stephanie said...

Jennifer, Jennifer, congratulations on your house and pregnancy! That's awesome! And congratulations on finally updating your blog. Miss you guys.

Kellie said...

Yea! Congratulations on #3 and a house! It isn't much different with three than with two. My biggest difference is it just takes even longer to get everyone out of the house. I'm so excited for you! I hope the sickness goes away soon:P

Supermom said...

congratulations! You are doing better than me with blog updates. I should get on that...Anyway, I am excited to follow your house progress and your pregnancy too. What an exciting time for your family! Love ya!

Hanson Family said...

I am expecting number 3 too! And my little girl likes to bless the baby in her prayers too! It's the cutest thing! I know how you feel about not feeling very good, and being sick of everything you eat. Congratulations, I am excited for you!