April
April consisted of soccer games, dance recitals, celebrating Easter, and finding out we were expecting another girl.
It's too bad I'm not better at snapping pictures. I thought for sure I got one of Addi and Ellia all decked out in their dance gear...but alas...only video footage. They looked darling.
The Saturday before Easter Wade and I and some of the older nieces and nephews set up an easter egg hunt for the little ones. I think the little kids liked it.
May
May was -as usual- crammed full with things to do. The highlights:
- The first weekend In May Ellia scored 3 goals in her last soccer game! Dad was unfortunately on a scout trip in Coyote Gulch and missed it.
I hope these scouts will at least some day appreciate all the work he does for them.
I know they don't think about it now.
- The second week in March Ellia had her kindergarten assessment and that weekend Wade took Addi and Janie rock-climbing with his brother and a couple of his brothers' scouts.
Here they are in beautiful Maple Canyon
- The third week in May we had our preschool graduation. I had such a good time doing the preschool co-op. It's always a good thing for me to be forced to play and do activities with my children. I loved this group of kids. It was great.
She is adorable!
- The girls did their annual Elementary "May Day" dances and then headed up North for a backpack trip with Uncle Derek and Uncle Greg and their older kids. They had such a good time.
Beautiful. I love Utah
Everything is more fun with cousins!
- The following weekend the girls went to their last day of school and then we went to a cabin with some friends over Memorial Day. It was lovely and relaxing.
- Happy Birthday to me. Such a flattering picture...I know. If nothing else it documents just how large I am. I'm only 26 weeks along in this picture. Can I blame it on my age?
- The last couple of days in May was a quick Hardy Reunion. We wanted to get together before my mom and dad left for their mission. 9 of the 10 kids were able to come. We missed my sister Emily and her family! The 9 kids who were there went to the temple together with mom and dad. It was such a sweet experience. I am so grateful for the family I was raised in, and for the gospel that brings so much meaning to it all.
We did a little bit of hiking...
Which was brutally hard on my pregnant body. I was a lot slower than the rest of my family.
It doesn't look very high, but it was STEEP!
Bowling.
Here are 7 out of 8 of the 10 year olds.
(Sidenote: I bowled my first turkey!)
And we did what Hardys do best: ate, and played games.
June
June was slower paced. We enjoyed lazy days and yard work...this picture represents that!
I LOVE this girl. She is so so so much fun!
Wade spent yet another weekend with the youth on a pioneer trek. He had a wonderful experience. I am glad he was part of it. I enjoyed playing with my sisters and parents while he was away.
Addi turned 8! She was so excited. The day after her birthday we left to visit Grandma and Grandpa Anderson in South Dakota. I will save that post for next time...
but here is a little preview...so you can see the "brace face"! Janie got her braces June 25th. Her teeth are already getting straighter. It's amazing. She was worried she would look really different with braces, but as you can see she is still cute as can be!
P.S. Can you see the family resemblance with these girls and their Grandma Anderson? Holy Smokes!
P.S. Can you see the family resemblance with these girls and their Grandma Anderson? Holy Smokes!




No comments:
Post a Comment