Saturday, August 13
The week started like this:
Wade's brother and his family were nice enough to invite us to go boating with them.
Maybe it was the swimming
Or the rocking of the boat...
But the next morning...
Sunday, August 14
Kate Jennifer Anderson (weighing in at 6 lbs. 12 oz.) decided to join our family...
We were immediately head over heals
(The blood on Wade's shirt is from cutting the cord)
And everyone else was taken by her as well.
Especially this little girl...
I could hear her in the hallway before she even got to my room; "Wanna see my baby sister!"
The lone man...and the girls who adore him!
Coincidentally...this little girl was born on the very same day 7 years earlier.
I can't believe I have 2 girls with the same birthday!
I was unavailable to make her cake - so Wade stepped in.
Didn't he do a wonderful job?
He even made Janie's requested dinner: chicken broccoli.
He was a little overwhelmed upon returning to the hospital. "Welcome to my world" was all I could say. Not exactly what he wanted to hear I don't think.
Janie wanted a new bike for her birthday.
Little did she know she'd get a new sister too!
Here are the birthday girls.

Monday, August 15
Kate and I returned home from the hospital. Wade took a few days off to help me out. While he went and played with the girls I was able to enjoy my new baby and get some much needed rest.
Wade took the girls to the Freemont Indian Village. They had a great time.


I love this shot of the girls sporting their new bracelets.
Tuesday, August 16
Wade took the girls to a bounce house place.
They loved it!


Wednesday, August 17
Maybe we are crazy...but we decided we couldn't miss my little sister's wedding. We left for Salt Lake early that morning. Turns out we were really glad we went. The ceremony was absolutely BEAUTIFUL...and it was a joy to see my baby sister look so happy!
Another wonderful thing about my little sister getting married was that my parents came home from their mission and were able to see baby Kate.
4 generations: Kate, me, my beautiful mother and her beautiful mother!

Thursday, August 18
It was my first day alone with all four girls. Not gonna lie...it was kinda a rough day. I tried to do all the things my mom would normally do - like giving Kate her first bath. I wasn't nearly as good at it as my mom. She screamed almost the whole time.


Friday, August 19
Thankfully my parents were able to stay home from Hawaii a few days after the wedding, and were gracious enough to come to my house for a couple of days to help with my sweet new baby. (She has a tendency to make people sleepy!)

Saturday, August 20
We took advantage of my parents being in town and decided to bless her before they had to leave. It was another wonderful day. Wade's whole family was able to be there, and my family (minus Jill who was on her honeymoon and my sister Janelle who was in Florida) were able to be there. I have found that the sweetest moments of my life always include 2 things: my family, and The Gospel. These are the moments in life that make my heart happy.
It was a beautiful blessing.



16 comments:
seriously jenny, i'm tried for you! wow, you are as close to wonder women as it gets, lol. your new little girl is beautiful, congrats!
ps - you look rockin...i CAN'T believe you just had a baby?!?!
COngrats on the new addition!!! You look amazing for just having a baby and your family is beautiful!!
I'm so thrilled for your family. Kate is beautiful! Love you guys!
Wow, what a week! That is crazy...but memorable :) She is adorable and I am so happy for you!
That is quite a lot of stuff to all happen in the first week of a new life! Loved this post Jenny - so glad she's here safely and you're doing well. Love and miss you guys!
What a super busy week. I agree, you are super mom and you look beautiful and amazing after just having a baby! Your little girl is adorable and I just love the name Kate. How funny that 2 of your girls share a birthday, that is something that Janie will never forget! Congrats on your daughter and all of the excitement. Hopefully you will be able to get some rest with school back in session.
You are such a wonderful mother. I admire your strength and beauty as a person but especially as a mother. Those 4 little girls {and Wade} are so lucky to have you.
Congrats on baby #4. She is a doll.
Congrats! She is beautiful. I love the family picture in the hospital room. You have such an adorable family! Congrats again!
Wow, where do I start? First, I'm totally impressed with Wade's cake. Second, darling DARLING little baby girl and i must say jenny, I LOVE the names you pick out and Kate has been a name I've been thinking about. Geez, you are going to think I'm a copy cat. Third, my heart is full reading your blog and seeing you and Aunt Kay and grandma and little Kate. I'm so happy for you and your darling little girlies. Fourth, I miss you. Oh, and how is there so much to do around your little town?
Congratulations on another beautiful girl! What a sweet family you have. I wish we were closer so we could come see you.
Whoa. It's all I can say. You definitely could have been a pioneer. You look beautiful too. Love that little Kate. AND congratulations to Jill!!! She looks so beautiful and happy too. I'm so glad to see that. It seems like just yesterday we were running around the kitchen with brooms. haha I wonder if she remembers that.
What a beautiful little girl! Congrats--I can't believe how much you packed into a week! I'm impressed with Wade's cake too.
Jenny! I am so happy it all worked out so well, baby, wedding, your mom, everything. see no worries ;) She is beautiful and I need to see her!!!
Congratulations!! She is just beautiful!! What a beautiful family!
kate is absolutely adorable! Loved all your pics..hope everythin is goin great!
What a week! She is so cute! It looks like you did a great job breaking her in to a busy family life. I hope you get a good break though from all of this!
Post a Comment