Thursday, February 25, 2010

Birthday Bubbs!

My sweet, little Ellia, you turned 1 on Feb. 10! I can't believe it. In honor of your first birthday I made you a bunny cake. I meant it to look like your favorite little toy
Here's the birthday girl. Already a little lady! Excitement's in the air...you can feel it!

Your new baby. Yes, we already have about 10 baby dolls in the house, but we thought you deserved one of your very own. Now your sisters can't take away the baby you are playing with and say, "No Ellia! That's my baby!"

You were not a fan of getting your hands dirty and digging into your cake. As soon as you got the frosting on your fingers you had had enough...

Even after your sisters showed you what to do!
Your life has flown by. It doesn't seem like it's been a year since you were my 7 lb. 11 oz. little newborn. You add such a sweet spirit to our family! I'm so glad you are ours! Here are a few facts about you as a 1 year old!

* I may have cursed myself by calling nursing nummy nums, because now you can ask for it. When you get hungry or tired you come up to me and say, "nu nums" I'm sure I will not be as happy about it later, but for now I LOVE IT. It really is the cutest thing.
* You can do a few animal sounds, but my favorite is a dog. You stick your tongue out and pant. It's hilarious! (I also love your chicken "ba ba ba")
* You love your mom. Getting so clingy. I have to remind myself that you will only be a baby once when you are hanging on my leg crying and pulling while I am trying to make dinner.
* You are NOT very tolerant of your sisters lately. You scream every time they try to pick you up. You want to walk around by yourself (or you want mom to hold you) !
* You are getting into EVERYTHING. Emptying drawers, cupboards, pulling books off shelves, throwing things in the garbage, playing in the laundry... you are a girl on a mission!
* You have had ear infections galore! Just when you start sleeping well you get another cold, which turns into an ear infection, which leads to horrible sleeping habits...and the vicious cycle repeats itself. You have been waking up at 12 and 4. Oh to get a good night's sleep (sigh).
* You are a pretty picky eater, and the fact that you are allergic to milk has made it even harder. Your favorite foods are: pizza, spaghetti, and cheese. So healthy!!
* You know how to bust a move! I love looking back while I'm driving to see you bobbing your little head! You are always dancing to music. LOVE IT!
* You love being outside and getting out of the house!
* 4 teeth. 2 on top. 2 on bottom. They are crooked!
* Darling laugh and smile and beautiful blue eyes!

We cannot imagine life without our baby girl! Love you, love you!

7 comments:

Ash said...

Ruby has that baby and holds it like that! So cute! I love the bunny cake that's awesome. So, I'm going to be in Utah next week with just me and the kids. Mike's busy working so we thought we'd take a vaycay or something. Anyway we are open to hanging out.

BensonFam said...

Very cute cake! I can't believe she's already one!

Tara Mogle said...

Your girls are all so beautiful! I love Ellia's blue eyes. Hope you guys are doing well.

Callie Hansen said...

We need to stop blinking! Before we know it our girls will be going to girls camp, then dating, and college, and..... :( E is sure beautiful!

Kellie said...

You did a great job on that cake! Happy Birthday, Ellia!

Adam Jensen said...

awh! Happy Birthday little Ellia :) I knew it had to be soon. You did a great job on the cake, sooo cute! She is a sweet girly. Hayden does a dog pant too, Kyler taught him. I bet hers is so cute! 4 months!!!

Leanne said...

your cake is amazing. so cute! what a doll she is. I don't have your address, can you email it to me please? :)