There aren't many things I don't love about Christmas time. In fact, I even like the snow (in the month on December)! I love that we get a real tree (imperfections and all). And I love the fact that Wade goes up "our" mountain and chops it down himself!
I love the decorations, lights, and even decorating my little girls in their Christmas dresses! And speaking of little girls, I love how Addi sings the song from The Grinch (fa who la...), and how she is obsessed with Santa's list (and if she is going to be on the nice list or the naughty list). I love how excited Janie is to play in the snow and drink hot chocolate with dad. And the fact that they ask me EVERY day how many more days until Christmas. I love the magic of Christmas for children.
I LOVE all the work parties, friend parties, family parties. And especially the homemade treats and goodies. On the agenda for today...Sugar Cookies! :)
(Picture courtesy of google images)I love Christmas stories and traditions, and this book is both. We read it every Christmas Eve, and it is among my very favorite Christmas stories of all time. If you haven't read it, do yourself a favor and go buy it!

I love Christmas music. Almost all Christmas music. Here's my favorite. Let's just say Wade is ready to throw it away by the time December is over.
"Of all things of heaven and earth of which we bear testimony, none is so important as our witness that Jesus, the Christmas child, condescended to come to earth from the realms of His Eternal Father, here to work among men as healer and teacher, our Great Exemplar. And further, and most important, He suffered on Calvary’s cross as an atoning sacrifice for all mankind. At this time of Christmas, this season when gifts are given, let us not forget that God gave His Son, and His Son gave His life, that each of us might have the gift of eternal life."
-President Hinckley


14 comments:
I pulled out my carpenters christmas and thought of you. made me miss you. the girls are darling in their dresses. i need to see you and your family!! when will you be in sandy???
Your tree and girls are so beautifully decorated :) yeah for carpenters! I loved your great thoughts :)
The Carpenters Christmas Portrait CD is my all-time fav. too!!!
Merry Christmas :)
I love reading your blog. You and your girls are beautiful.
So like Sadie said above, I think of you whenever a Carpenter's Christmas song comes on. Your tree is great and your girlies are simply adorable! It'd be fun to get together if you are up this way over the holidays.
I finally broke down after Christmas last year and let Nathan buy a fake tree. So sad. I'm jealous of your real tree, "imperfections and all."
Cute girls in their Christmas dresses! I love your tree as well, and I LOVE Christmas too! You guys have a very merry one!
that is so funny Jenny! cause I am always admiring you and want to be like you :) We will be in Gunnison for Christmas we will have to get together!!!! 22-28th! Will you be around?
"Just hear those sleigh bells ringaling ting-ting-tingaling too..." there truly is nothing like the Carpenters Christmas. Ever since Guatemala I've listened to that CD religiously! All thanks to you and now even Joaquin loves it! Love you so so much. Merry Christmas.
That is so neat that you got (or more your husband got) to cut down your Christmas tree for your family. And even better, it is so tall that you had to use a ladder to decorate it! I really liked your post, you guys have been having alot of fun so far!
Cute tree! Did any squirrels fly out of it?? I love the carpenters CD. I've never heard it, I just love that it's on your blog. I'll have to read that book. I love Christmas too!
Hey Jen, I can't find your address or your email address! Will you email me both? landreth37@yahoo.com
we also get a real tree, but we go to a lot that sells them. I love the smell, and the imperfections make it that much more fun to decorate! The dresses on your girls are adorable!
you have such a darling family! your girls are so sweet! we love having them in our home! Merry Christmas Neighbor! (btw...I stole your last little comment by Pres. Hinckley...loved it!)
Post a Comment